Sunday 7 December 2014

Tonsurephobia & Ooh La Lah Salon


Not having a haircut for six months killed my hair, I was in absolute dire need to free my locks from the dead weight. Like most women who are trying to grow their hair I absolutely dread going to the hairdressers, the night before I'm due to have my haircut I am filled with anxiety and paranoia thinking of the worst case scenario. The last time was the worst, I actually went as far as texting my hairdresser at 2am with a bizarre message that said: "I honestly do not want a bob, if you take more than an inch off I will hurt you." when I saw him the next day he just laughed and said he has had worse. Pre-haircut anxiety turns people in to monsters. There is a legitimate definition of this kind of panic: Tonsurephobia, it basically translates to: Irrational fears about having a haircut. It only got worse when my hairdresser left the company to move to London, sheer panic took over at the thought of someone new cutting my hair. which is why I have not had it cut for six months.


A friend mentioned a new salon called 'Ooh La Lah'  that had opened up in Albert Road, Portsmouth and they were having a grand opening, inevitably we decided to attend. Upon arriving we were greeted with champagne from Natalie, the owner of 'Ooh La Lah' salon we had a brief introduction and got along straight away. During the gala I spotted an abundance of bright red, curly hair and I made a beeline to steal Natalie away. I made a proposal that involved going into the salon on a separate occasion to have a hair consultation, we were both very excited and actually planned the consultation for the next day. 





















Ooh La Lah Salon

Natalie Romasanta - Salon owner


Less than 24-hours later I am back at Ooh La Lah with Natalie examining my hair, I am really excited about her verdict  so much so that straight after my consultation we jump right into an unplanned appointment, not giving me anytime be anxious about it. Natalie ended up cutting two and a half inches off my hair, I thought that I would be completely devastated, but it actually felt amazing having razor sharp tresses (see below for before and after). Goodbye split ends, be gone forever! (Until my next haircut). Overall, I am so grateful that I found Natalie she is absolutely amazing and more importantly I trust her, I would urge everyone to pay a visit to Ooh La Lah salon, even it's just for a chat, all of the staff are lovely and have wonderful knowledge, making you feel at home and comfortable giving you the best possible salon experience.


Before: Grey Jumper, with dreadful split ends. After: Clean cut, sparkling new hair.

Until next time.....P, XO

No comments:

Post a Comment