Tuesday 9 December 2014

Is the Christmas Jumper A Fashion Fail?

Call me scrooge.... But this year there as been an obscene amount of people flashing their Christmas jumpers. It's wonderful that everyone seems to be in in the Christmas spirit, but my question is: why has there been a sudden uprise in the Christmas jumper trend this year? 


Since a child I have strongly disliked christmas jumpers, my Nan once gave me one Sixteen years ago, and I 'accidentally' thew it in the bin putting the blame on one of the ankle-biters, a.k.a toddlers. In my opinion the jumpers are one of the ugliest things ever, you can imagine my distaste when I saw every other person wearing one when walking through town the other day. Wearing the Jumpers for a Christmas party, or if you're in a group is completely fine, but when you see people wearing them in Bars and to restaurants, thats when it becomes a problem for me. It could be because I'm old-fashioned and think that everyone should dress more on the formal side of things when painting the town red. 

There are some great alternatives like: wearing traditional colours, or even sequins, anything but those jumpers. I am a huge believer in freedom of expression and wearing whatever you want (some of my own outfits are questionable), I'm aware that I'm contradicting myself but I do have a point, are people wearing Christmas jumpers because they genuinely love them, or are they wearing them because everyone else is?

It seems I am a rarity when it comes to my view on Christmas Jumpers, But I am curious about everyone else, and their thoughts on Christmas Jumpers. Leave a comment with your opinion :)

Until Next time....P, XO


P.S Two become One by the Spice Girls is currently playing in the Cafe I'm in. I am absolutely not singing every single word in my head. Nope definitely not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment