Tuesday 2 September 2014

REVIEW: Clarins Extra-Comfort foundation + Caudalie, Clarins and Jurlique samples

Clarins Extra-Comfort Foundation Review

I have been very curious about this foundation for a while, but for some strange reason it feels as though Clarins always gave of an invisible Paige repellent. However whilst in Liverpool I made a beeline to the Clarins counter and ended up buying the Extra-comfort foundation, the lady that assisted me was so lovely and she gave me some samples to try which were: The early wrinkle correction comfort day cream, Santal face treatment oil and the gentle peeling mask. 
Caudalie £29, Jurlique £17, Clarins £36

I have tried all of them and I absolutely adore them all though my favourite is the Santal Face oil it smells divine with woody and smoky notes, very spa-like. The other samples I picked up to try later are from spaceNK: Caudalie Vino vitamin-C day cream and the Jurlique rose hand cream. I am not really a fan of the Caudalie day cream but the Jurlique hand cream is very luxurious and not greasy.

Caudalie £29, Jurlique £17, Clarins £36


Now for the main event: The Extra-comfort foundation, this foundation has lovely ingredients including Argan oil great for those of us with dry skin, the consistency is very thick at first glance however I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is not thick/heavy on the skin at all. To me it felt like I was applying a soufflĂ© textured face cream, you do not need a lot of product to cover your face at all  for a few reasons 1, being that it has exceptional coverage 2, it spreads very evenly over the desired surface area (yes I said surface area because I also used this to cover a scar on my leg which worked fabulously). The foundation has a dewy finish but wears beautifully throughout the day and doesn't start caking for abut eight hours even then just apply a little powder and it looks fresh again. I am also happy to announce that this is my new daily foundation and we are getting on famously, to apply I use a flat foundation brush to roughly apply the product then go in with a stippling brush to get a flawless finish. I would really recommend this to everyone to have a go but more specifically people with dry skin you will not be disappointed! 

Until next time... P xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment