Monday 29 September 2014

My First week at University: The Mature Student

A Mature Students View on University Life


 At Twenty-Two Years of age I am classed as a Mature Student;I started my university course last week and experienced 'freshers week'. Although I didn't go out clubbing, It isn't really my scene any more, I had a fantastic time getting a taster of Fashion Journalism and getting to know the lovely girls I will be spending the next Three Years with. I will also include some outfit of the day and make-up pictures  from my first week at the end of this post. 


I Wasn't even a ballet dancer,
I just liked the costume.
This was my favourite,
I wore it everywhere. 























You may be wondering why I have only just decided to go to university and the reason was, that I wasn't ready. Some lucky ducks know what they want to do with their lives from a very young age; that was me but we shall get to that in a second. Some people find what they want to in adolescence and some people never know what they want to do. But that's okay. No really I promise it is; Going back to my own story, I knew I always wanted to work in fashion, from around Four or Five years of age I refuse to wear normal clothes, all I would wear is some sort of costume, if I made it myself or if it was store-bought, this went on for three years (see picture above). I blame my Mother she always had me dressed in the most ridiculous, poofy, over the top dress, I honestly think this is where my inner fashionista came from so thanks Mum.
During my college years someone told me that my career goals were stupid and I should get a 'real job' in business, it made me over think and second guess everything I worked for and I eventually ended up heading in that direction and working for Five years in a business role. I did like the job but I was frustrated a lot because there was no way that I could express my creativity; one day I just exploded, I quit my job and moved to Australia. This was very impulsive thing to do for a neurotic such as myself, but it really was the best thing I have ever done. I lived there for just over a year and came back in April 2014; I felt so much clarity and positivity that I finally did what I had always wanted to do: Apply for university.
The moral of the story is that no matter who,what,where or how old you are; you are never too old to do what you want. My own Mother; for example did a one year university course at fourty-three years of age and I could not be more proud of her.

To sum up my week it really was brilliant I have the best lecturer's and the best classmates they are so supportive and I could not be more excited to get my teeth into Fashion Journalism.


University is an adventure; a wonderful whirlwind of an adventure, so ask yourself: are you adventurous?

I wore this outfit on Tuesday
Top: Primark
Jeans: Vintage

           
                                                      
Wednesday Accessories
Shoes: Fat face
Satchel: Paperchase


First Day Outfit
Dress: Red Herring
Belt: Vintage
Shoes: Fat Face
Coat: John Rocha
Satchel: Paperchase 




Make-up Moment
Lid: Zephyr by Urban Decay
Crease: Texture by MAC
Lashes: givenchy Phemonen Eyes
Face of the week
Foundation: Loreal True Match
Concealer: Benefit Fake-up
Under-eye Concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy
Bronzer: MAC Pressed Powder
Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills
Blush: Milani baked blush
Highlight:Urban Decay Zephyr 




Keep a look out for more University updates, until next time, 
P
 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment